OUR MISSION IS TO FIND CONSERVATION BALANCE
Proper Economic Resource Management (PERM) is a non-profit, tax exempt conservation club dedicated to balanced solutions to natural resource management issues. PERM supports a conservation rather than a preservation approach to natural resource management. All public natural resources must be managed for future generations to enjoy. The economic value of properly managed natural resources must be considered and is often a positive factor in promoting natural resource conservation. Balanced Solutions require a focus on long-term goals rather than short-term economic gains or environmentally exclusive policies.
As an example, PERM supports hunting and fishing as wise use of of our natural resources and as a tool for conservation. In addition to the economic benefit to the tourism industry that hunting and fishing provide, without the tremendous amount of license and tax dollars collected from sportsmen and women, most natural resource departments and programs would not exist.
PERM believes that our public natural resources should be managed for the benefit of ALL citizens, and not exclusively for the benefit of those with political access or clout.
PERM will strive to educate the public and create an awareness about the importance of proper economic resource management and keep our members informed about issues related to sound conservation of our precious natural resources.
PERM Board of Directors:
Douglas Meyenburg, Jr., President, East Bethel 763-843-1039
Scott Ebner, Treasurer, Zimmerman 763-856-4223
Stan Visser, Member, Ogilvie 320-272-4702
Joe Ward, Member, Ramsey 612-590-1112
Please contact Board members if you have questions or suggestions.
PERM Member meetings are held on the first Monday of the month. Meetings are at 7:30 p.m. in the Conference Room at the Cinema Professional Building, 657 Main Street, in Elk River.
PERM Board meetings are held after Member meetings in March, June, September, and December.
You make a difference by supporting PERM!
Members and friends of PERM!
We are asking for your assistance as we work to protect the equal sharing of our natural resources by all citizens. We must remember that tribal members have been reassured through special legislation that they are indeed U.S. and Minnesota citizens. We are all equal under the law!
- Why does the State of Minnesota continue to ignore the 1926 U.S. Supreme Court decision (U.S. v. Holt State Bank), which determined that the State of Minnesota owns the water, shoreline, and lakebed of all of Red Lake and is to be managed for all citizens?
- At Mille Lacs Lake, so many fish were supposedly caught that the slot was changed, virtually shutting down the local economy and ability to bring home a limit. With news of recent net surveys we wonder, what happened to all the fish?
- Congressman Jim Oberstar has again proposed legislation to turn jurisdiction of all States’ waters over to the Federal government. Our forefathers thought State governments could best manage our water, so as territories became states that is what happened. Do we want our waterways managed by bureaucrats who consider Minnesota “flyover country”?
- The Indians Claim Commission Act of 1948 was passed by Congress to settle, once and for all, every claim Indian tribes could possibly have. Once these claims had their day in court, 62% were considered valid, and $1.3 billion was awarded. This was above and beyond the over $800 million paid for the land originally. Why are there still lawsuits? Why are judges still awarding large settlements?
These are a few of the questions that PERM is trying to get answered. With your continued help, PERM will protect equal hunting and fishing rights for everyone! ANYTIME YOU GIVE SOMEONE SPECIAL RIGHTS, YOU ARE TAKING AWAY THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.
Thanks for your continued support.
Doug Meyenburg Jr., PERM Chairman
PERM is looking for donated vehicles—cars, trucks, boats, ATVs
* Tax deductible if you itemize
* Avoid the hassle of selling your vehicle
Help find balanced solutions to natural resource management and ensure equal protection of the law for all Minnesotans.
If you have a vehicle to donate, call Doug Meyenburg at 763-843-1039.
Thank you for your support!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, that is the only thing that ever has.” ~Margaret Mead
Make a Difference. Get Involved.
If you are passionate about finding balanced solutions to natural resource management issues, you NEED to join PERM.
Speak Truth To PowerYou can make a difference.
Join PERMBecome a PERM member.
Join Us! Become Member
We’d like to hear from you.